The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the full and part time staff in the Food and Beverage department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with VenuWorks policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining in accordance with Human Resources, addressing complaints and resolving problem.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. A demonstrated ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks with a minimum amount of instruction and supervision is essential. Ability to organize work flow and meet established deadlines.
Work hours and schedule are generally Monday – Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm but will vary according to event schedules and the needs of the department, and may include holidays, evenings and weekends. Attendance at large events in order to guarantee efficient and quality operations will be required.
This position requires skill in meeting and/or exceeding the expectations, being articulate with well-developed communication skills and personal poise. This position requires excellent teamwork skills, working cooperatively with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives. Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration and provides a tangible contribution.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or minimum two years of formal culinary/quantity food service management training or commensurate experience.
- Minimum two years culinary management experience in a similar high-volume food service operation with similar duties and responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicants must possess a current valid driver’s license and a vehicle that can be accessed for work purposes and a current working home telephone with a number that can be accessed by building management personnel for business contact purposes.
- Current certifications and licenses required by local, state, and/or Federal guidelines for food production management.
- Ability to be ServSafe certified through the National Restaurant Association.