ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the guest services and trained crowd management programs across multiple venues in an efficient manner using industry standard practices. Create new customer service training programs and materials and implement training classes for all departments on a regular basis. During events seek to develop and elevate the appearance and skills of part-time staff in dealing with patrons and internal customers.
- Schedule part-time guest services staff across multiple venues using the available software package, and assign staff deployments for each event according to staff availability and skill requirements. Manage staff during events and redeploy staff assignments to meet cost efficiencies and required postings.
- Perform recordkeeping including financial settlement entries, payroll time edits and weekly approvals through the timeclock software.
- Supervise and direct the performance of part-time staff during events.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and instruct staff in necessary training programs including TCM, customer service training, emergency preparedness training, CPR and new hire orientation. Design support materials accordingly.
- Schedule and direct placement of part-time staff for each event. Coordinate with the Event Manager to compile required documents and briefing sheets and participate in pre-event briefings for staff regarding event details.
- Assist Floor Managers and event staff in responding to guest questions and/or complaints as needed and handle each situation in a professional manner.
- Maintain proper scheduling and supervision of contract services including City Police and EMS services for all events and ensures proper documentation is completed for every incident.
- Maintain adequate supply of uniforms, rubber gloves, earplugs and other Guest Services equipment needed for the successful completion of each event. Order and stock office supplies to support admin office needs.
- Develop and coordinate a part-time employee rewards and retention program across all departments and venues including monthly employee recognition programs and annual hosted events.
- Manage the Incident Report documentation and files and complete the OSHA logs annually.
- Coordinate materials and information for distribution at the Guest Services center at each venue including maps, brochures, FAQ’s, recruiting, conduct codes, lost and found procedures and upcoming events.
- Monitor and maintain facility compliance with ADA requirements, making appropriate recommendations for services and accommodations. Maintain equipment necessary to remain in compliance including Assistive Listening equipment and wheelchairs.
- Monitor and manage on-going guest services expenses within budget.
- Coordinate seating relocations with Box Office and Floor Managers.
- Provides input in the development of policies and procedures for the purpose of providing a quality crowd management plan for the safety and well-being of guests.
- Disseminate upcoming event flyers and information about upcoming flyers to vendors including local retail, ATM vendors, and others as needed. Keep an updated log of all events after they are completed including attendance and ticket sales.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
In cooperation with the Director of Events and Event Managers, supervise part-time staff including floor managers, ushers, t-shirt security, ticket takers, police and EMT’s. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with VenuWorks policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining in accordance with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. A demonstrated ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks with a minimum amount of instruction and supervision is essential. Ability to organize work flow and meet established deadlines. This position requires skill in meeting and/or exceeding the expectations, being articulate with well-developed communication skills and personal poise. This position requires excellent teamwork skills, working cooperatively with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives. Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration and provides a tangible contribution.
Work hours and schedule are generally Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. but will vary with attendance during events and may include holidays, evenings and weekends.
- High School Diploma with bachelor’s degree preferred, but college course-work in business administration, marketing, communications, or related fields may substitute with adequate experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of direct supervisory experience is required.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet these requirements may be substituted.