VenuWorks, as the manager for the U.S. Cellular Center, Paramount Theatre, McGrath Amphitheatre and ImOn Ice, is closely following the developments with the novel (new) Coronavirus and the illness known as COVID-19.
As in past situations where our community has faced the possibility of an outbreak of a contagious illness, VenuWorks will continue to follow recommendations from the City of Cedar Rapids, Linn County Public Health, the Iowa Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control. Currently, these organizations recommend everyone follow best-health guidelines including washing your hands and staying home if you feel sick. Public health authorities are not currently recommending any changes to business or leisure activities. We are committed to heeding the expert guidance of public health authorities and are prepared to shift as the situation dictates.
Ultimately, event organizers and promoters will have the final say on decisions such as if an event will be cancelled, ticket refunds or if public patrons will be allowed to attend their event. VenuWorks is actively working with these groups to come up with the best solutions.
Everyone can do their part in prevention and preparation:
- First and foremost, please stay home if you are exhibiting flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath. It is recommended that people with these symptoms stay home from school, work, public spaces, and social gatherings to prevent others from getting ill.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and throw the tissue away immediately after you use it. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your inside elbow area.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you cough or sneeze. If you are not near water, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
We are taking the following prevention and monitoring steps as recommended by the Iowa Department of Public Health:
- As supplies become available in our area, additional hand sanitizing stations will be setup throughout all our venues.
- Additional signage has been placed throughout all venues reminding guests to wash their hands as well as to practice the three C’s: cover your cough, clean your hands and contain germs.
- VenuWorks has implemented enhanced daily and during-event cleaning routines including wiping down all frequent touch-points including handrails, door handles, etc.
Please follow trusted resources for additional information about COVID-19 and Coronavirus are available here: