ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Department head responsible for managing new event on-sale traffic, assigning new event accounts and projects to Marketing staff, and approving advertising plans and initiatives to successfully sell tickets to events according to company and brand standards.
- Create marketing ad plans for assigned events and coordinate publicity for events and facilities. Work directly with promoters, tours and event planners to create ad plans which include competitive media buying, design services, and promotional and trade development, website updates, e-blasts and other tools. Monitor ticket sales reports and reprioritize marketing efforts to maximize ticket sales for events using all assets available.
- Establish strong working relationships with media partners to ensure that the venue’s events are receiving the best rates, deal points and promotions and maximizing the value the venue receives for the significant amount of money spent on advertising each year.
- Direct the public relations image of the facility through writing press releases, maintaining website and social media copy, creating e-blasts. Communicate regularly with clients, sponsors, customers, local media, and venue staff. Assist the executive director as spokesperson as needed. Coordinate relevant personnel for earned media opportunities. Recognize opportunities to receive publicity from building operations, activities, awards/honors, etc. and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Recognize opportunities to receive publicity from building operations, activities, awards/honors, etc. and share with local, regional or national media and VenuWorks Corporate.
- Operate the department with a conscious commitment to maximum exposure and ticket sales for the facility and its events, through the most effective means possible.
- Direct and maintain the overall marketing and branding strategy at a national level, promoting individual venues to relevant industry partners throughout the country. Support booking & sales teams with collateral and sales materials.
- Serve as “traffic director” as event announce/on-sale timelines are developed. Communicate with relevant internal and external stake holders, taking into consideration activity across all four venues.
- Oversee and execute day-of artist/tour relations, including creating a welcoming environment, gifts, coordinate trade shots, etc.
- Maintain excellent communication with sales, box office and booking staff.
- Act as a creative director with internal staff to develop marketing collateral as needed.
- Create and develop venue assets including website updates, digital images, printed materials, and other forms of promotion as needed.
- Coordinate on-site marketing events including advancing show details, escorting media, contest winners, sponsors, and managing various event promotions and meet and greets.
- Annually produce collateral such as marketing plan, year-end recap, video and client parties, etc. as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining cutting-edge status on new ideas or technologies related to website, mobile apps, social media, advertising/media opportunities, promotional items
- Work with sponsorship staff to develop initiatives to increase sponsorship revenues.
- Maintain brand standards of logo and name when used by outside parties in partnerships or sponsorships.
- Aggressively seek new contacts and maintains working relationships with all media representatives, civic and industry organizations, corporate promotional contacts, and event and booking representatives.
- Remains current on national trends in the industry and local market changes that affect the facility.
- Create and compile post-event reports for show settlement including invoices, tear sheets, patron feedback and other related materials.
- Provide answers to customer service inquiries to customers, clients, and sponsors about the facilities through the website, social media, and other communication methods.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to develop and implement signage as needed, including event-specific needs, food & beverage and larger, permanent opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Director is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the full and part time staff in the Marketing department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with VenuWorks policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining in accordance with Human Resources, addressing complaints and resolving problem.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. A demonstrated ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks with a minimum amount of instruction and supervision is essential. Ability to organize work flow and meet established deadlines. Work hours and schedule are generally Monday – Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm but will vary according to event schedules and the needs of the department, and may include holidays, evenings and weekends. Attendance at large events in order to guarantee efficient and quality operations will be required.
This position requires skill in meeting and/or exceeding the expectations, being articulate with well-developed communication skills and personal poise. This position requires excellent teamwork skills, working cooperatively with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives. Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration and provides a tangible contribution.
- Bachelor Degree from four-year college or university in marketing, communications, or public relations; or five years related experience and/or training in any aforementioned field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in graphic design through Adobe Creative Suite programs, such as Photoshop and InDesign, or other equivalent design programs preferred.