Responsible for the preparation of hot and cold foods for events. Works on the serving line when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares all hot foods according to preparation sheets given by the lead cooks.
- Finishes all work assigned by the scheduled time.
- Uses only recipes approved by the management team when preparing food.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion and cleans up after self as working.
- Maintains coolers and dry storage in an orderly fashion.
- Maintains proper cleanliness of all food preparation equipment.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizes stock in a rotating manner, using oldest items first.
- Stores all unused portions or leftovers in a cooler, labeling the item with date and amount.
- Follows instructions to serve food, restock tables or work the grill when working in the kitchen.
- Wears a proper uniform at all times and keeps it clean
- Always practices safe techniques for handling any foods.
- Takes a nightly inventory of the cook’s cooler and freezer including item and amount.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualified applicants must be available to work primarily nights and weekends, and occasionally holidays.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicant must possess current, valid driver’s license and a current working home telephone witha number that can be accessed by building management personnel for business contact purposes.
- Must have or be able to obtain current certifications and licenses required by local, state, and/or Federal guidelines for food production management.
- Must be able to successfully complete training to be ServSafe certified through the National Restaurant Association.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions, policies and procedures.
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the general public.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to remember previously learned material such as specifics, criteria, techniques, principles, and procedures; ability to grasp and interpret the meaning of material; ability to use learned material in new and concrete situations; ability to break down material into its component parts so that its organizational structure can be understood; ability to recognize casual relationships, discriminate between behavior mechanisms, and identify elements that are relevant to the validation of a judgment; ability to put parts together to form a new whole or proposed set of operations; ability to relate ideas and formulate hypotheses; ability to judge the value of material for a given purpose on the basis of consistency, logical accuracy, and comparison to standards; ability to appraise judgments involved in the selection of a course of action; ability to identify choices and potential outcomes, determine importance of outcomes, combine information to prioritize options and make decision based on best and most important choice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
2. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
3. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
4. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.