Everyone can do their part in prevention and preparation:
- First and foremost, please stay home if you are exhibiting flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath. It is recommended that people with these symptoms stay home from school, work, public spaces, and social gatherings to prevent others from getting ill.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and throw the tissue away immediately after you use it. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your inside elbow area.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you cough or sneeze. If you are not near water, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
We are taking the following prevention and monitoring steps as recommended by the Iowa Department of Public Health:
- As supplies become available in our area, additional hand sanitizing stations will be setup throughout all our venues.
- Additional signage has been placed throughout all venues reminding guests to wash their hands as well as to practice the three C’s: cover your cough, clean your hands and contain germs.
- VenuWorks has implemented enhanced daily and during-event cleaning routines including wiping down all frequent touch-points including handrails, door handles, etc.
Please follow trusted resources for additional information about COVID-19 and Coronavirus are available here: